Sunday, June 25, 2006

World Cup Fever


WORLD CUP 2006

It's football mad over here as you could imagine. The atmosphere is pumping. England have just made it through to the quarter finals and London pubs are going off! When England plays, everywhere is like a ghost town.

Really enjoying watching Australia play. Loads of Aussie over here and everyone is mad for Football.

Australia v Brazil - Went to the Clapham Grand to watch the match. Tickets were a sell out. They had a massive screen and everyone was dressed in the green and gold. After the defeat, the crowd thinned a everyone was just getting ready for the Croatia show down.

Australia v Croatia - Was heading to the Finchley Road Walkabout to meet friends but the line was massive and was not moving in a hurry. I didn't want to miss the match so I headed down to the local pub "The Railway" on my own! I grabbed a beer, found a spot and loved the excitement. By the end of the match everyone was high fiving each and going crazy. It was so exciting and I can't wait til watch Australia play Italy. The game starts at 4pm so my school has organised a big screen to be set up - Common Aussies!!!!!!

No comments: